Welcome to the Horseheath Nutrition website for Horse Health, Performance and Condition.
It has been created to provide you with guidance in selecting suitable feeds & supplements for dealing with a number of problems relating to horse health & performance. Over the centuries mankind has developed herbal treatments for a variety of ailments, based on anecdotal evidence. Recent scientific research has identified the active substances in many of these traditional products, e.g. aspirin – active ingredient: salycilic acid found in willow; digitalis, a heart drug obtained from foxglove; morphine from the opium poppy. Where good peer-reviewed evidence exists, the author of this website will advise use of such products where appropriate to help maintain good health & performance. Current Veterinary Medicines regulations forbid such information to be published in conjunction with promotion for specific products, such as those to be found on the Gravenhorse Feeds website.
Correct feeding is essential to maintain horse health & performance. Horseheath Nutrition can provide advice to help you achieve this. If you require guidance please use the Nutrition Enquiry Form or call 0344 8844 850 or 077121 384 508 or 07807 47 94 95
Expert advice is provided by a Cambridge University trained nutritionist with over 30 years’ experience.
This website offers free nutritional support & guidance when dealing with a number of problems, such as:-
● BEHAVIOUR and TEMPERAMENT
– can be manipulated nutritionally; lethargic horses can be livened up; spooky, nervous ones can be calmed down.
● CIRCULATION – information follows shortly.
● CONDITION and WEIGHT LOSS – primarily influenced by feed quality & quantity.
● CRACKED or BRITTLE HOOVES can be avoided by feeding a hoof supplement.
● CUSHINGS DISEASE
● ENTEROLITHS or SAND COLIC
● EQUINE METABOLIC SYNDROME (EMS) -Obesity & Insulin resistance.
● GASTRIC and COLONIC ULCERS
Courtesey Dr Tim Brazil
● JOINTS & MOBILITY
● KIDNEYS & LYMPHATIC System
● POLYSACCHARIDE STORAGE MYOPATHY (PSSM)
● SCOUR, LOOSE DROPPINGS & LEAKY GUT
● SKIN PROBLEMS
Back to top of page